Before you startThis is Step 2 of the Getting Started steps. Make sure you have completed the first step which is creating the workspace.
If you are new to mailboxes in Replypad, we recommend that you read the understanding mailboxes to get a better idea of how mailboxes work.
What is a mailbox in Replypad?Mailboxes in Replypad enable email communication to and from a workspace. Administrators create the mailbox in order to start receiving email into Replypad. After creating the mailbox, you should forward your emails into the mailbox as explained below.
What is the mailbox unique identifier?Replypad works by creating a forwarding rule from your email server to send all of your emails into your Replypad Mailbox. Each Mailbox in Replypad has a unique identifier address, which looks something like this:
No worries, this is an internal address that customers never see. This address is what you should provide to your email server in the forwarding rule, to direct your mail to Replypad.
Create mailbox in ReplypadSetting up a mailbox includes creating the mailbox in Replypad and then forwarding the emails from your email server. Only after completing the forwarding step, you will be able to use the mailbox and receive your messages into Replypad. This may sounds like a lot, but it’s actually quite straight-forward.
To create a new mailbox in Replypad:
- You need to be a workspace administrator (if you are the one who created the workspace you can simply proceed).
- Click on the gear icon in the upper-right corner, and select Mailboxes from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Create button in the New Mailbox area.
- You’ll notice there is now a new Mailbox “box” waiting to be assigned with an email address.
- Click Assign Email Address button.
- Enter the customer-facing email address you want to use. This is a catch-all email address, such as support@YourDomain.com or info@YourDomain.com. It’s the email address customers use to contact you.
- Click Next and then Assign and continue to confirm the email address.
- Confirm the email address: a confirmation code is sent to the email address you have provided. Visit your email, find the confirmation email and copy the confirmation code back into the code field in Replypad.
- If the email address was confirmed successfully, a window appears, and you’ll notice a long unique identifier of an email address – this is your forwarding address to be used as the forwarding email address in your mail server. Copy it to your clipboard. Then open your email server to configure forwarding rules as explained below in Forward your emails into Replypad.
- You can click Edit next to the temporary name (Mailbox X) to provide the name for this mailbox. The name is how you will see the mailbox in Replypad, and is also used as the “From” for email notifications sent to your team and end customers. Examples: ACME Support, ACME Sales, ACME Accounting.
Forward your emails into ReplypadSetting up forwarding rules differ between email servers, so follow the relevant links to configure your email server.
Auto-forwarding from G Suite (Gmail)Forwarding email from G Suite or Gmail requires that you first set up the mailbox in Replypad, and then set up a forwarding rule in Gmail, using the Replypad mailbox address.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of Gmail, then click the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab from the top menu. Then click the Add a Forwarding Address button.
- In the pop-up window you need to enter the forwarding address. Paste the address you copied earlier to the clipboard, then click Next. A pop-up will appear where you will be asked to confirm what you just did, hit Proceed, followed by OK in the next window to close it.
- Go back to Replypad and close the settings window.
- The Mailbox now says “Pending message forwarding”
- Open the Replypad Team Inbox. It should now show the confirmation mail. Click the confirmation link and hit the Confirm button.
- Visit your Gmail account again and in the Forwarding and POP/IMAP settings verify that forward is enabled. It’s recommended to leave the keep a copy in the inbox option set, but it’s up to you. Make sure to click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page to save your changes when you’re done.
You can go into the mailbox settings to define advanced settings, such as Bcc and Alias.