Accounts in Replypad represent the organizations or companies you service. Each Account may have contacts linked to it, which are the people you interact with in this organization.
- To view your accounts, you should be a workspace administrator or have Accounts & Contacts access rights.
- Click the Gear icon on the top-right corner and choose Accounts.
- This will display the complete accounts list.
- Click the account you want to edit.
- Edit the settings as explained below.
The account’s name is displayed whenever choosing the account in a conversation.
To edit the account’s Name, hover over the name, and click the Edit link that appears.
Click Save to save your changes.
StatusThe account’s Status can be either Active or Inactive. Only Active Accounts can be selected when selecting an Account for a conversation.
To change the status of an account:
- Hover over the status click the Change link that appears.
- Choose the status you want between the toggled options.
- Click Save to save your changes.
The account (customer) domains, represent all the domains that email may arrive from and that belong to this account. Replypad allows up to five different domains per account.
Emails arriving from any of these domains will automatically be assigned to this account in the conversation that is created for them.
Here you can view and specify contacts that are linked to this account.
From this section you can:
- Add new contact. This will open a new contact window where you can set the contact’s name, and email address. The new contact will be automatically linked to this account.
- Link existing contact. This will open a selection list where you can search for the contact and link it to the current account.
Note: Each contact can be linked to a single account. A warning message will display if the selected contact is already linked to an account. If you continue, it will switch the contact’s linked account.
Account access rights determine which conversation will each contact that belongs to this account will see when they visit the workspace.
See the account access rights settings for setup instructions.
A conversation’s assignee is the user that is in charge of the conversation. When a new conversation arrives from a customer to Replypad (from the customer portal or by sending a new email), it will appear in the Unassigned inbox, until someone assigns it to a user.
When choosing a default assignee for this account, this will skip the Unassigned inbox and Replypad will automatically assign the conversation to the relevant user.
Conversation followers receive updates about the conversation into their My Inbox, without being the assigned user.
Adding users as the default followers means that whenever a new conversation is created for this account, the users listed below will be automatically added as the conversation’s followers.
Adding followers in the Account level has various benefits, such as:
- You don’t need to be the person handling this account, you can still follow all of their conversations automatically.
- You can add team members as followers so they will get acquainted with a customer they are about to work with.
In this section you can:
- Add or remove yourself as a follower: Click Follow.
- Add or remove other users as followers: Click Select (if there are no followers yet) or Manage.
Labels in Replypad let you add context and organize conversations better. Each label has a name and a color and are displayed with the conversation.
Choosing a default label will automatically assign the conversation with this label when this account is selected for the conversation. This way you can mark conversations that have special meaning to you according to the account (customer).
Custom Fields are additional fields you can add to Accounts to add more industry-specific information or information relevant to your workflow.
The Additional information section in the Account details is where Replypad displays the custom fields that administrators added to Accounts.
To learn how to edit Additional Information fields see Edit Custom Fields values.