What are email notifications?
Email notifications are email messages informing you about updates in conversations you are following or assigned to. The email notification is sent to the email address defined in your workspace user’s profile. You can turn off email notifications if needed.
The email notification message contains details about the action that initiated the emai notification, about the conversation and who made the update.
Email notifications settings
In order to receive email notifications you need three settings: email notification should be set to “on” in your preferences, you should have a valid email address and your user should be active.
Email notifications indication – Each user can choose to turn the email notifications on/off. See user preferences.
Email address – Email notifications are sent to the primary email address defined in your workspace user’s profile. Workspace administrators define the primary email address under your user settings.
Workspace user status – User status should be active in order to receive email notifications. The user settings can be changed only by a workspace administrator.
Events that initiate email notifications
You will receive email notification for the following activities:
- A conversation is assigned to you.
- A conversation is unassigned from you.
- A public reply or internal note was posted by a user to a conversation you are assigned to or following.
- A reply was received from a customer to a conversation you are assigned to or following.
- Details of a conversation assigned to you were changed (priority, subject, status, etc.).
- A conversation you are assigned to or following was closed.
- A conversation you are assigned to or following was reopened.
Whenever one of these activities happen, you will receive an email notification, and the conversation will also be pushed into your inbox in Replypad.
Reply to email notifications via Replypad
Whenever a customer or another user sends in a new message or a reply, you may receive an email notification about it. You can then visit the Replypad workspace, see the updates and send your answers.
However, Replypad also allows you to reply directly from your email client, mobile device, or any other device to these notification emails. The reply arrives into Replypad, where it is identified as an incoming message from you, and is handled accordingly.
How does it work?
When you reply to an email notification from your email client:
- Your email arrives at Replypad.
- The email is identified as a message arriving from you according to your email address (see notes below).
- The message will be added to the conversation in Replypad:
- Replying to a public reply will add a public reply to the conversation.
- Replying to an internal note will add an internal note.
- The message will be distributed to the relevant people automatically, just as if it was added from the app itself.
- In addition to the main email address, you may have additional email addresses defined. This can be useful if you want to be able to reply to conversations from different email addresses and still be identified as the same workspace user in Replypad. See more details in workspace user email address.
- When you reply from your email client, using your personal email address – your personal email address is never exposed to the end-user receiving your reply. The message will be emailed to the customer from the Replypad mailbox email address, and your email address will not be exposed.